Monday, May 26, 2014

Chicago Trip - Highlights

The "Bean" at Millennium Park

I did it! I did it! I got my wish, spending twenty-four hours on my 55th birthday riding a train from Portland to Chicago. It was indeed a long trip, three days and two nights plus we have to come 3 hours early and a delay for 4 hours to Chicago. I did torture Pokie all right! It only took 4 short hours to come back to the rainy Portland last nigh by plane. But the destination is journey, Chicago is just icing on the cake. Many people asked me as to why Chicago? My answer is simple, it is the longest train ride from Portland, Oregon without any transfer!

We love “downtown Chicago” very much, it is clean and food prices are very reasonable compared with a big city like Boston for example, but best of all foods are good in Chicago. I was pleasantly surprised. Of course we did all the tourist must see and do! The “bean”, the fountain, the skyscrapers, the Navy Pier and the Magnificent Mile – shop till you drop. I will sort the images and stay tune for each segments.

No comments:

Post a Comment