Thursday, July 17, 2014

Let's Go Camping

Blaine, Washington
We have just completed a journey of 1,130 miles or 1,818 kilometers in Canada measurement.  We went to Vancouver Island and explored Olympic National Park. This time we skipped Sol Duc Hot Springs and Hoh Rainforest, we reserve these place for our next travel. We spent a total of twelve nights, including one night in Seattle and two nights in Parksville with Bruce Morton.

This is my first installment of the websites that I will create throughout next week or so. This time our Wanderlust is the “star”, I will show you where we parked for the nights and some places that we initially went.

Meeting Bruce Morton was certainly the highlight of this tour, he is 97 years young. We met him some eleven years ago.  He is such an inspiration to us, that’s why we diverted to the north to see him. I will have more to share with you later. His motto is “every day is a good day”.

During our trip, we were reminded to take life to the fullest. Mortality does not know the time and the place. One morning on our last day in Parksville, I saw a RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) in our RV Park. My initial thought was one of the neighbors made so much noise or something in that nature.

Later it downed on me when Pokie spotted a coroner van coming to the park. The guy next door just lost his lovely wife; I saw the body bag being loaded to the van. I felt so bad, later I saw the guy with his dog walking aimlessly around the park. So, enjoy life to the fullest!



No comments:

Post a Comment